V 188. Theodoro. Epitaph of John, XIV–XVth centuries C.E.
Quadrangular capital with traces of red paint. Fully preserved.
Place of Origin
Basilica, south apse, altar partition, colonnette.
1912, excavations of R.Ch. Loeper.
Institution and inventory
On the front.
Dipinto, thick red paint.
XIV–XVth centuries C.E.
L1. Loeper 1913, 149; 1.1. Barmina 2009, 413.
The inscription was published without an image. It is not impossible that this epitaph on the capital crowning a colonnette of the altar partition refers to the Late Byzantine ktitor of the church, who might have been buried somewhere in the vicinity.